Friday, May 18, 2012

Celebrity

Alright, lets get back in the habit of writing these things!

Today I was at the school where I did my long-term job, only today I was in a 2nd grade class.  It's fun when I sub here for the 2nd or 3rd grades, because every time I do, I'm in the same hallway that the 1st grades classes are.  So when I stand outside the door of the room I'm in for the day and the students walk past on their way to their rooms a TON of them all wave and call out "Hi Miss Barnes!"  Some even run over to me to give me hugs. About half of the students say hi to me on their way by - I feel like a celebrity.  There's something amazing about being loved by little kids.  I think Charles Dickens sums it up: "I love little children, and it is not a slight thing when they, who are fresh from God, love us."

Anyway, my charges for the day were a bit chatty, and my biggest challenge was at times getting them to just stop talking and moving around for 10 seconds so I could give them a direction.  Other than that the day went pretty smoothly.  (Much better than my 5th grade trial of Wednesday - which I hope to write about soon and post date, so check later!)  At the end of the day we had a cupcake party for a girl whose birthday is in the summer.  This hyped the kids up so much I was very happy to send them home 30 minutes later! :)

1 comment:

Betty said...

I am going to have to get back in the habit of checking your blog. I always enjoy it. I like the Dickens quote. I know that feeling too. Keep up the blogging! Love you!!!