Thursday, October 4, 2012

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Today I realized that I have a super power.  I am already crafting plans for my superhero costume.  Because you see, today I learned I have the power of listening to two stories at once.  (Come on, be impressed!)

This afternoon I was in a second grade class full of kiddos I knew from last year, and let me tell you, 7-year-olds can get excited!  I was instantly greeted by hugs and smiles and excited exclamations of one thing or another.  It took quite a while to get in the room and settled!  At one point, 2 kids started to tell me a story at the same time.  What's funny about kids is that they have absolutely no awareness of people around them!  So these two kids are literally standing right next to each other, and they pay not one lick of attention to the fact that this other kid is also blurting out a story.  Neither of them take a breath as they're regaling me with their tales, so I have no choice but to just nod along as I look back and forth between the two.  Surprisingly, as they finish, I realize that I actually know what both of them have told me!  So there you have it, my amazing super power at work!

Now help me think of a superhero name?

1 comment:

Betty said...

I am just now seeing the posts that apparently I never read. I'm not sure how that happened. Anyway, I was very impressed with your super listening powers but I can't come up with a super power name. I'm sure you would think of something better than I would anyway.